EU funded wind farm opens in Sweden

Posted at June 24, 2017 » By : » Categories : News » Comments Off on EU funded wind farm opens in Sweden

EU funded wind farm opens in Sweden

Image: Shutterstock

Sweden’s first energy project to be funded under the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI) has been officially opened.

The Långmarken wind farm in Kristinehamn, which was backed by the European Investment Bank (EIB) and renewable energy firm Mirova, is made up of eight 3.3MW wind turbines, giving the site a total capacity of 26.4MW.

The EIB and Mirova have acquired six of the turbines – they own 90% of the shares while developer Eolus will own the remaining 10%.

The two remaining turbines have been respectively acquired by the City of Malmö and the local Kalmar County Council.

Romualdo Massa Bernucci, Director for EIB lending in the Nordic countries, said: “We were very happy to support this initiative because climate action is high on the agenda not only for the European Investment Bank itself but also within the Investment Plan for Europe of the Juncker Commission.

“Sweden is very serious about renewable energy so it was only right that the first Juncker-project here was a wind farm!”

Article source:

About admin

Comments are closed.